The ECOFEL team is pleased to announce the release of a new eLearning course titled “Introduction to Virtual Assets.”
This course introduces virtual assets and virtual asset service providers and helps you understand the fundamentals of distributed ledger technology and the money laundering and terrorist financing risks associated with virtual assets.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand definitions of key terms such as virtual asset, blockchain, VASP, DLT, DeFi, and more;
- Identify different cryptocurrency types, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and stablecoins;
- Understand the difference between centralized and decentralized exchanges, and identify the risks associated with each type;
- Understand the regulatory status of virtual assets and virtual asset service providers.
- Understand (emerging) ML/TF risks involving virtual assets.
The “Introduction to Virtual Assets” course can be accessed on the ECOFEL’s eLearning Platform: learn.ecofel.org